-Gardening and Horticulture
Opinion
-Crime and Punishment
-Religion
Psychedelics Discussion
Random
Advice
X-Mystery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place To Chat

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inSite IndexRegister

Quebec students win the fight

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
X-Mystery
Admin
X-Mystery

Quebec students win the fight Empty
PostSubject: Quebec students win the fight   Quebec students win the fight Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 10:39 am

It seems that political disobedience has succeeded in conquering the education system.
http://oncampus.macleans.ca/education/2012/09/20/its-official-quebec-tuition-hikes-are-history/
Personally i did not believe that they would be successful in their fight, but i could not be happier. I hope that this proves to the world that if we do stand up to fight we can win.
Back to top Go down
https://xmystery.forumotion.com
inspy

inspy

PostSubject: Re: Quebec students win the fight   Quebec students win the fight Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 6:34 pm

Tuition increased 6% this year in Ontario.

But it's not the tuition that bothers me, it's mainly the way it is spent. Sure, many professors make well over six figures without a problem and work to a tune of 30 hours of week. Those resources are not what we should go after or be protesting against. The thousands of administrative staff that do nothing but a simple task for 35 hours a week, and those janitors that are cleaning a room every night when only 10 students use the room all day, is where we should be cutting costs. All those costs are eventually transferred to our tuition. Cutting those support staff will cut tuition. That's how we win, X Mystery.
Back to top Go down
X-Mystery
Admin
X-Mystery

PostSubject: Re: Quebec students win the fight   Quebec students win the fight Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 6:44 pm

I agree with you inspy I think educational institutions are throwing away far too much money on irrelevant commodities. But the fact of the matter is that the government has no place to tell an institution how to spend its money. in my opinion the only solution is to allocate enough money to do with what is needed, anything extra can come from rich alumni.
Back to top Go down
https://xmystery.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Quebec students win the fight   Quebec students win the fight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quebec students win the fight
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
X-Mystery :: Random-
Jump to: