Censorship

Go down 
AuthorMessage
X-Mystery
Admin
X-Mystery

Censorship Empty
PostSubject: Censorship   Censorship Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 1:19 pm

What is with the world! Everyday we are told to be ourselves, speak our opinions and be different, but the moment you choose to actually do one of these things someone tries to shut you up or shut you down. I say it isn’t fair when people abuse their power in order to censor someone’s opinion. Whatever happened to our freedom of speech, it was guaranteed to us in out charter of rights and freedoms so what the hell is with all the bullshit censorship. I say speak out, speak your opinion and don’t let people shut you up.

Truly and pissed as hell, X
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xmystery.forumotion.com
blackraven666

blackraven666

Censorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Censorship   Censorship Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2009 8:32 pm

I think that individuality, the strange, and the weird are all such beautiful things and should be EMBRACED not censored...and yet people seem to think that if you wrap things in pretty packaging everything is just fine......

FUCK THAT SHIT

....DARKNESS
Back to top Go down
View user profile
shitchin

Censorship Empty
PostSubject: censors   Censorship Icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2009 7:57 pm

I believe context is the key to truly understanding any situation. Although I agree freedom of speech should be upheld, there are situations in which people should be silenced. In fact, I would personally shut someone up for making a bad joke at a funeral or other somber situation. Someone who lacks the common sense needed to judge when a certain remark is inappropriate deserves to be shut up.

However, apart from these situations, I believe anyone should be allowed to speak their mind. No one EVER has the authority to take the right of holding a belief from someone, so long as this belief causes no harm to others. I am not saying a murderer should roam free simply because his belief is that murder is right; however if someone truly believes racist thoughts, it is not in my right to change their beliefs.

Similarly, I do not have the right to tell someone that they are unable to say/think a certain thing because myself or society believes it is wrong. If I were to say "FUCK ASS BITCH COCK" in a public place, it is likely that at least one person would attempt to silence me. Why is this so? Let us analyse the situation:

Did I physically harm anyone? No.
Did I mentally/emotionally attack anyone, such as in the situation I mentioned before? No.
Did I really accomplish anything at all? No.

No matter how many times I swear, the sun will continue rising and falling, people will continue working in the day and fucking at night. Nothing will change, and no one will ever be hurt. So why is it that these people are attempting to shut me up? Why is it that they are so offended by a mere noise, created by simple vibrations as all noises are?

By this point, things have gotten ridiculous. We have given such power to a mere noise that we actually feel DIRTY if we make that noise. How the FUCK has it gotten to this point? Because of a stupid mental barrier that exists only if you create it, we are limiting our vocabulary? Words are powerful, and with them we can accomplish much. Therefore, words, organized into our vocabulary, are a resource. Why would we limit such a plentiful resource just because of a social norm? Are we really going to create an unnecessary barrier in our mind simply because we are "supposed" to?

Well, I cant speak for everyone....But I'm not limiting shit.

And so, I end this with an quote;

shit
piss
fuck
cunt
cocksucker
motherfucker
tits
fart
turd
and twat.
I fucked your moooooooooooooooooooom.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
X-Mystery
Admin
X-Mystery

Censorship Empty
PostSubject: .   Censorship Icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2009 10:37 pm

i know i myself am a victim of cencorship, and i did mangage to overcome this, i say the mystery will live on. no one will censor the brilliant and the creative and me must speak our minds change the world do not be stopped.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://xmystery.forumotion.com
Eloquious

Eloquious

Censorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Censorship   Censorship Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:56 pm

shitchin wrote:
I believe context... moooooooooooooooooooom.

This is a thread about censorship, not about the legitimacy of vulgar.

I think we can all agree that censorship is necessary to some degree, but it's also a power that's abused all too often.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
emily
Anonymous

Censorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Censorship   Censorship Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:45 am

first ill clarify that i completely support this site and everything its trying to speak out against and achieve. despite various attacks made by adults towards it, the integrity of x-mystery is unfaltering. keep it up. that being said...

shitchin
youre a perfect (and tragic) example of why censorship today is taken to such painful extremes; its not the letters in the words that offend people, its what those words imply, its the worldly objects or behaviours that those words symbolize. its not the word fuck that parents try and shield their children from, its the idea that their kid will be negatively effected by premature exposure to emotionless sex. wtf is wrong with that; theres enough sluts in highschool without this scummy shit infecting babies too.

ur full of shit if ur insinuating that you would have no qualms about walking up to your mother and calling her a cocksucking whore (if youre one of the few and unfortunate exceptions to that rule, i apologize, how sad for you.) by choosing not to limit your vocabulary, youre choosing to limit the audience that will take your thoughts and opinions seriously. youre still fitting the mould of any other whining mindless self-entitled teenager that adopts vulgarities in order to be just like all the beautiful swearing celebrities in that new meagen fox movie. i personally would rather be a normal adult then a stereotypical teenager, atleast that way i have some level of intelligence and the respect of people who can effect change.

someone who lacks the common sense needed to judge when a certain remark is inappropriate deserves to be shut up

so shut up
Back to top Go down
Ouzo

Ouzo

Censorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Censorship   Censorship Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 8:29 am

emily wrote:
first ill clarify that i completely support this site and everything its trying to speak out against and achieve. despite various attacks made by adults towards it, the integrity of x-mystery is unfaltering. keep it up. that being said...

shitchin
youre a perfect (and tragic) example of why censorship today is taken to such painful extremes; its not the letters in the words that offend people, its what those words imply, its the worldly objects or behaviours that those words symbolize. its not the word fuck that parents try and shield their children from, its the idea that their kid will be negatively effected by premature exposure to emotionless sex. wtf is wrong with that; theres enough sluts in highschool without this scummy shit infecting babies too.

ur full of shit if ur insinuating that you would have no qualms about walking up to your mother and calling her a cocksucking whore (if youre one of the few and unfortunate exceptions to that rule, i apologize, how sad for you.) by choosing not to limit your vocabulary, youre choosing to limit the audience that will take your thoughts and opinions seriously. youre still fitting the mould of any other whining mindless self-entitled teenager that adopts vulgarities in order to be just like all the beautiful swearing celebrities in that new meagen fox movie. i personally would rather be a normal adult then a stereotypical teenager, atleast that way i have some level of intelligence and the respect of people who can effect change.

someone who lacks the common sense needed to judge when a certain remark is inappropriate deserves to be shut up

so shut up

Owned.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

Censorship Empty
PostSubject: Re: Censorship   Censorship Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Censorship
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
X-Mystery :: Opinion-