-Gardening and Horticulture
Opinion
-Crime and Punishment
-Religion
Psychedelics Discussion
Random
Advice
X-Mystery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place To Chat

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inSite IndexRegister

New wave of consciouness

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
X-Mystery
Admin
X-Mystery

New wave of consciouness Empty
PostSubject: New wave of consciouness   New wave of consciouness Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 11:00 am

So I've been getting very caught up in the new wave attempts at creating a global consciousness and i found this to be very interesting.
http://consciouslifenews.com/scientific-proof-galactic-energies-triggered-worldwide-consciousness-expansion/114819/
As Student of the science it is in my nature to be skeptical however here my personal biases and beliefs appear to have a large affect, so im curious to see how other people view this
Back to top Go down
https://xmystery.forumotion.com
Kipper
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: New wave of consciouness   New wave of consciouness Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 1:51 pm

applauding your tendency to remain skeptical, I think we should remain so until our DNA readily elevates our consciousness to a supposed higher 'level'. Though I did not divulge into the theories of David Wilcock and his colleagues, nor did I watch the 'Event Horizion' film, it is quite evident that the article itself is lacking a strong backbone to support its claims, and personally I fail to see how the premises entail the conclusion. Starting off by listing many inter-galatic and inter-planatery facts, the article itself did not do a convincing job to connect these facts with the overall message. Introducing Serda's theory about the human body's electromagnatic field and stating that a 'new energy' will cause a shift in consciousness is not enough to connect an assortment of empricial evidence into a theory explaining the possible elevation of consciousness.

This article makes me question what exactly IS an 'elevation' of consciousness'? From ancient Greece to the birth of introspection, have we actually achieved any insights as to what a 'higher consciousness' is? Talking like this makes me think of Hegel. As far as I am concerned, there is no amount of subjective struggle, psychedelics or mysticism to free consciousness from its sensous prision, as the mind only free to imagine while the hands limited to create (and destroy).
Back to top Go down
X-Mystery
Admin
X-Mystery

PostSubject: Re: New wave of consciouness   New wave of consciouness Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 2:16 pm

I agree with you comments about the article, i was reviewing it further and it fails to provides many sources and little actual evidence. I came stumble upon this article through a few mediums I've been following. I just found it interesting to note this especially from an anthropological perspective it appears that in the western world there is a movement forming which it seems to me to be an attempt at creating a western spirituality. If you look at various cultures around the world they all have traditions and rituals involving attempts to create a higher conscious being. and i think that in the wake of a declining society we as a people are looking for anything to grasp onto to provide some glimmer of a better life.

And i agree who is really to say what a higher consciousness really, its not like we can google budda's description of his/hers alter perception of the world after attaining enlightenment. I do however feel its important to not dismiss an idea because of its radical nature. and if you want my opinion we haven't gone any farther than the greeks or ancient romans. in fact we may have even fallen behind them in terms of our mental status as a people in the pursuit of money often we disregard the genius for the profitable.
Back to top Go down
https://xmystery.forumotion.com
Anon

Anon

PostSubject: Re: New wave of consciouness   New wave of consciouness Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 1:47 pm

Did any of you attempt to join in on the global meditation, that took place two days ago
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New wave of consciouness   New wave of consciouness Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New wave of consciouness
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
X-Mystery :: Psychedelics discussion :: Consciousness-
Jump to: