-Gardening and Horticulture
Opinion
-Crime and Punishment
-Religion
Psychedelics Discussion
Random
Advice
X-Mystery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place To Chat

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inSite IndexRegister

creativity a mental illness

Go down 
AuthorMessage
X-Mystery
Admin
X-Mystery

creativity a mental illness Empty
PostSubject: creativity a mental illness   creativity a mental illness Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 4:11 pm

http://www.bbc.com/news/health-19959565

So i just reviewed this article, and i am not surprised at what is being stated. So apparently those creative individuals (writers, musicians, photographers, etc) are more likely to suffer from mental illness. And First of all the first thing you learn in psychology, sociology, and i'm sure even medicine, is that correlation does not equal causation. I think its sad to see the misrepresentation of information like this. Did no one possibly think that these numbers may mean an opposite correlation. Maybe these people turn to creative outputs as a means of dealing with their troubles in an other wise hindering world. Or even that maybe the view of the world these creative people have is a more realistic perception of reality. And we in turn perceive them as troubled, or depressed or out of touch with reality. But maybe its everyone else who is really out of touch with reality. Living in cyber worlds, moving so fast that time actually feels like its moving faster. But this is not a discussion of existentialism, maybe i am wrong, maybe im just another troubled mind in an otherwise bleak world. Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
https://xmystery.forumotion.com

creativity a mental illness
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
X-Mystery :: Opinion :: Society-
Jump to: