-Gardening and Horticulture
Opinion
-Crime and Punishment
-Religion
Psychedelics Discussion
Random
Advice
X-Mystery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place To Chat

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inSite IndexRegister

Korea's hotel of doom

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
X-Mystery
Admin
X-Mystery

Korea's hotel of doom Empty
PostSubject: Korea's hotel of doom   Korea's hotel of doom Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 10:07 am

So i have been seeing this in the news for a little while now and i dont know if anyone has noticed really. But North korea is set to finish a hotel which began about 25 years ago.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2227315/Long-time-coming-North-Koreas-Hotel-Doom-finally-open-26-years-construction-began.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

What is interesting is that the hotel was started in 1987 a sign to the rest of the world of the burgeoning wealth North Korea had. But shortly after around 1992 the project was stopped because North Korea was out of money. This came shortly after the fall of the soviet union which is interesting to note. But what is even more interesting is that construction has now re-began after a 400 million dollar deal with Orascom Telecom Holding. But both parties refuse to admit any sort of connection, but i mean where the hell else could North korea get this kind of money. But what i wonder is what could the telecom company gain from an investment in north korea. Unless they plan to turn the 105 story building into a server warehouse i cant see the connection.

What else I'd like to know is who the koreans plan to have stay as guests in this hotel, i mean i cant imagine very many westerns who would enjoy a stay in north korea, and even people from asia, why would they go here. This whole situation just seems sketchy to me.

Korea's hotel of doom Ryugyo11
Back to top Go down
https://xmystery.forumotion.com
bctf

bctf

Korea's hotel of doom Empty
PostSubject: Re: Korea's hotel of doom   Korea's hotel of doom Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 4:50 pm

Its a trap!
Back to top Go down

Korea's hotel of doom
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
X-Mystery :: Random-
Jump to: