-Gardening and Horticulture
Opinion
-Crime and Punishment
-Religion
Psychedelics Discussion
Random
Advice
X-Mystery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place To Chat

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inSite IndexRegister

The slow demise of retail stores

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
X-Mystery
Admin
X-Mystery

The slow demise of retail stores Empty
PostSubject: The slow demise of retail stores   The slow demise of retail stores Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 3:23 pm

As the year draws closer to an end, it is not hard to look back and see all the changes that have happened. One area in particular our economy, we have seen it go up and down like and endless roller coaster, and yet it only seems to yield negative consequences despite positive fluctuations in the market. One area that has taken a particularly hard hit are the retail stores. With the burgeoning internet marketplace the need to go shop in stores is diminishing on a daily basis. Now for consumers this may come as a good thing, cheaper merchandise, no lines, all that jazz, but for the workers, this has taken a serious toll. Stores like best buy, the brick, sears, The Bay and so on and so forth have, over the past year, announces and closed multiple stores. However, people aren't really seeing this for what it is. This is just what happened in the beginning of the recession in 2007, just with a different industry. The reason this doesn't receive as much attention yet is because of the types of people affected by this. Students, part time employees, singles, and those just able to provide for their families. But these people are the back bone of society, we are the ones who make society function, we are the ones that can have the biggest impact. Now don't get me wrong i'm all for ending corporate north america but people have to be aware and prepared for all possible consequences.

Just some further reading.
http://techcrunch.com/2012/03/30/inside-best-buy-an-anonymous-store-manager-speaks-about-recent-changes/
Back to top Go down
https://xmystery.forumotion.com
belemontekid

The slow demise of retail stores Empty
PostSubject: Re: The slow demise of retail stores   The slow demise of retail stores Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 3:01 pm

Retail Market is a disaster, i have been following "retail trends" for the last year and let me say the numbers are horrific, online shopping is now taking a huge amount of market share. I feel like as this whole "internet" generation keeps increasing their is simply no telling if their will even be a best buy, or a GAP, even around/

something to think about
Back to top Go down

The slow demise of retail stores
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
X-Mystery :: Opinion :: Business & Commerce-
Jump to: