-Gardening and Horticulture
Opinion
-Crime and Punishment
-Religion
Psychedelics Discussion
Random
Advice
X-Mystery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place To Chat

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inSite IndexRegister

Why buy a house when you can build it?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
X-Mystery
Admin
X-Mystery

Why buy a house when you can build it? Empty
PostSubject: Why buy a house when you can build it?   Why buy a house when you can build it? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 4:10 pm

This young(ish) couple from a small town Washington has done something pretty incredible. After paying out over $50000 in rent over a four year period they decided to take their living arrangements into their own hands, literally. They constructed an, approximately 140 square foot home that is movable and powered by solar energy for a little over $30000. At a first glance these numbers may seem unimpressive but in the long run this will probably end up saving them close to $100000 depending on when they decide to buy a home/property.

The reason I thought this to be worthy sharing is because it lends some support to an idea i once had long ago but everyone in my life had told me it was impossible. Living outside the constraints of society allows one to be free and clearly this couple has been successful in removing themselves from the grid we call society. I think this just goes to show that we can find a way to live without tedious unspoken rules of society, and we can live a life dedicated to happiness and not profits.
Back to top Go down
https://xmystery.forumotion.com
bctf

bctf

Why buy a house when you can build it? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why buy a house when you can build it?   Why buy a house when you can build it? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 4:26 pm

I think living in the outskirts of society is a great idea. It's definitely something to think about. What would your idea of a perfect outside community be X-Mystery?
Back to top Go down

Why buy a house when you can build it?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
X-Mystery :: Health & Lifestyle-
Jump to: