-Gardening and Horticulture
Opinion
-Crime and Punishment
-Religion
Psychedelics Discussion
Random
Advice
X-Mystery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place To Chat

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inSite IndexRegister

Rolling Stone cover of bombing suspect called 'slap' to Boston

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
bctf

bctf

Rolling Stone cover of bombing suspect called 'slap' to Boston Empty
PostSubject: Rolling Stone cover of bombing suspect called 'slap' to Boston   Rolling Stone cover of bombing suspect called 'slap' to Boston Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 4:45 pm

Rolling Stone magazine put the Boston Bomber suspect, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, on the cover of the latest issue. People did not take this lightly, to the point where retailers are refusing to put them on the stands for sale. However, the story is about "How a popular, promising student was failed by his family, fell into radical Islam and became a monster."

To be honest, I don't think this is inappropriate. I could see why people are upset, as his face is on the cover and that could be disturbing to some; but the magazine wrote an article about this particular person and I don't see why it's wrong to publish that. Dzhokhar Tsarnaev is not the first alleged criminal to have an article written about them. Does anyone else have any thoughts?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here's an article I read about it if anyone else is interested

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
X-Mystery
Admin
X-Mystery

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone cover of bombing suspect called 'slap' to Boston   Rolling Stone cover of bombing suspect called 'slap' to Boston Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 4:44 pm

Its funny that you posted this BCTF. I was in the process of writing my own article on this issue. I for one think that it is ridiculous that people are complaining about something as insignificant as this. It is clear through this debate that the seeds of marketing have taken root in the heart of north america. The reason people are complaining about this is because on a regular basis magazines, newspapers and even news broadcasts are constantly littered with images of pretty, aesthetically pleasing sights. Be it women, men places or things, the norm now is to appeal to the eye. This image is a direct juxtaposition of the american media.
Back to top Go down
https://xmystery.forumotion.com
bctf

bctf

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone cover of bombing suspect called 'slap' to Boston   Rolling Stone cover of bombing suspect called 'slap' to Boston Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 9:30 pm

Do you think Rolling Stone is regretting their idea of putting him on the cover, as some retailers have refused to sell this issue of the magazine, or do you think they stand by their decision. To be honest, I've never read a copy so I don't know much about this magazine
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rolling Stone cover of bombing suspect called 'slap' to Boston   Rolling Stone cover of bombing suspect called 'slap' to Boston Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rolling Stone cover of bombing suspect called 'slap' to Boston
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
X-Mystery :: Interests :: Music-
Jump to: