-Gardening and Horticulture
Opinion
-Crime and Punishment
-Religion
Psychedelics Discussion
Random
Advice
X-Mystery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place To Chat

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inSite IndexRegister

McDonalds "Washes" Their Burgers with Chemicals!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bctf

bctf

McDonalds "Washes" Their Burgers with Chemicals! Empty
PostSubject: McDonalds "Washes" Their Burgers with Chemicals!   McDonalds "Washes" Their Burgers with Chemicals! Icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 5:00 pm

If you've ever seen that South Park episode called Creme Fraiche you'd know that Jamie Oliver is all for healthy foods, especially when it comes to children. Due to his tremendous efforts Jamie Oliver has just won a battle against one of the largest fast food chains in the world! After Oliver showed how McDonald’s hamburgers are made, the franchise announced it will change its recipe!

According to Oliver, the fatty parts of beef are “washed” in ammonium hydroxide and used in the filling of the burger. Before this process, according to the presenter, the food is deemed unfit for human consumption.

According to the chef and presenter, Jamie Oliver, who has undertaken a war against the fast food industry: “Basically, we’re taking a product that would be sold in the cheapest way for dogs, and after this process, is being given to human beings.”

The company, Arcos Dorados, the franchise manager in Latin America, said such a procedure is not practiced in the region. The same applies to the product in Ireland and the UK, where they use meat from local suppliers.

In the United States, Burger King and Taco Bell had already abandoned the use of ammonia in their products. The food industry uses ammonium hydroxide as an anti-microbial agent in meats, which has allowed McDonald’s to use otherwise “inedible meat.”

I decided to put this in the category of Health & Lifestyle to show those who are trying to be healthy that you're not missing out on anything! I've been trying to eat healthy lately and it's been tough sometimes, but after reading articles like this it really turns me off fast food. To be honest, the longer I go without it the more I don't want it. I just thought I'd give my two sense as to why I put it here in case people were wondering. Stay healthy everyone Smile
Back to top Go down

McDonalds "Washes" Their Burgers with Chemicals!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
X-Mystery :: Health & Lifestyle-
Jump to: