-Gardening and Horticulture
Opinion
-Crime and Punishment
-Religion
Psychedelics Discussion
Random
Advice
X-Mystery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place To Chat

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inSite IndexRegister

The time may change, but never fast enough

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
X-Mystery
Admin
X-Mystery

The time may change, but never fast enough Empty
PostSubject: The time may change, but never fast enough   The time may change, but never fast enough Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 6:05 pm

59 years ago today one of the most brilliant men to grace our modern society with his presence took his own life due to the barbaric nature of our traditional society. Alan Turing, was a mathematician, computer scientist and much more. He is said to be the father of modern computer science and put forth the very notion of such a machine and constructed the first attempt at a digital computer. He cracked codes Nazi codes during world war two for British intelligence and has worked on multiple classified government projects throughout the 50's. Somewhat of a model citizen in one mans opinion.

In late January of 1953 Turing's house was burgled and like any other trusting citizen he called the police. During the course of their investigation it came out that Turing was having a sexual relationship with another man. Turing was subsequently charged with gross indecency as homosexuality was illegal at the time. His punishment was chemical castration, a treatment so brutal it lead to his suicide less than a year later.

Stories like this come out every now and then and to me at least they are reflective. It reminds of all the gross negligence's our criminal justice system has led to since its establishment. All the wrongly executed and those wrongly imprisoned will never receive justice, their souls shall reap no reward for their trials yet time and time again we repeat the mistakes of the past. Stories such as this only go to show that all the change in the world will never make up for all the wrong doings of the past. No matter what apologies are issues or reparations repayed the crimes of the past will live on.
Back to top Go down
https://xmystery.forumotion.com
bctf

bctf

PostSubject: Re: The time may change, but never fast enough   The time may change, but never fast enough Icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 6:16 pm

This is incredibly sad, and it reminds me of something I just heard in the news so I decided to post it here. I'm sure many of you have heard about the case of the Norwegian woman who was raped in Dubai and now faces a prison sentence. She was handed a 16-month prison sentence in Dubai -- after she went to police to report she had been raped by a colleague. The 24-year-old was convicted and sentenced on charges of having unlawful sex, making a false statement and illegal consumption of alcohol.

I understand it's not the same thing as a chemical castration. However, how does one get raped and end up in prison? Clearly something is wrong with the system and it needs to be changed.

Here is the article about the Norwegian woman in case anyone is interested:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
X-Mystery
Admin
X-Mystery

PostSubject: Re: The time may change, but never fast enough   The time may change, but never fast enough Icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 8:19 am

Wow this is pretty unreal. thanks for sharing. I definitely see the paralleled themes in these two stories. This is just another example of how backwards our legal system can be. And for those unaware India is not the only place where this law exists. In many Muslim religious states there is a law which stipulates a wife must provide her husband with sexual gratification once every three days, and if such a duty is not met he ( the husband) may take action, I.E rape his wife.
Back to top Go down
https://xmystery.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The time may change, but never fast enough   The time may change, but never fast enough Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The time may change, but never fast enough
Page 1 of 1