-Gardening and Horticulture
Opinion
-Crime and Punishment
-Religion
Psychedelics Discussion
Random
Advice
X-Mystery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place To Chat

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inSite IndexRegister

Has science gone too far?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
X-Mystery
Admin
X-Mystery

Has science gone too far? Empty
PostSubject: Has science gone too far?   Has science gone too far? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 27, 2013 10:22 am

As we are well aware the earth is changing whether it is global warming or simply a process of nature our climate is changing and some scientists at Harvard university believe they have found the solution to what seems to be the worlds most current problem. In an attempt to cool the earth and prevent further heat related issues, backed by the government of america these climatologist are attempting to engage in solar-geoengineering. Which as you may gather is attempting to tweak our atmosphere to control climate and other related issues.

Now what these two scientists, David Keith and James Anderson, are attempting to do is launch a weather balloon like object 80,000 feet into the sky and then have it fire hundreds of kilograms of sulfate aerosols into the air. This means essentially, that particles of sulfur or sulfuric acid will be suspended in the atmosphere. The goal of this project is to have the particles reflect the rays of the sun away from the earth which in turn will lower the temperature here on the ground. This is the first theorized project with actual plans from application within the near future. The lead scientists hope to have the project in motion within the next twelve months.

I for one am a very pro technology individual however i believe that techno-fundamentalism is wrong just as very ideology becomes too radical at its most extreme. For those unfamiliar with technological anthropology nomenclature, technofundementalism is the belief that all of mans problems can be solved through use and application of technology. So i ask those who read this, what do you think? Is technology the savior of mankind or are we a society merely chasing after science fiction dreams?
Back to top Go down
https://xmystery.forumotion.com
bctf

bctf

Has science gone too far? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Has science gone too far?   Has science gone too far? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 8:25 pm

I agree with you X-Mystery, I do think were trying to control too much in our world. I'm not sure if you know the answer to this, but has the government and these solar-geoengineers looked into the environmental issues that go along with a project like this? Have they mentioned it at all? It could be doing more harm than good.
Back to top Go down

Has science gone too far?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
X-Mystery :: Interests :: Science & Technology-
Jump to: