-Gardening and Horticulture
Opinion
-Crime and Punishment
-Religion
Psychedelics Discussion
Random
Advice
X-Mystery
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Place To Chat

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inSite IndexRegister

Algorithmic Art

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
X-Mystery
Admin
X-Mystery

Algorithmic Art  Empty
PostSubject: Algorithmic Art    Algorithmic Art  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 12:49 pm

Art made from stars and us of course. A new style of art is gaining popularity around the world under the guise of an international multimedia experiment. Barcelona artist Sergio Albiac has pioneered the style which involves the creation of a computer generated collage which is an intertwinement of  a randomly selected image taken from the Hubble telescope, and a human facial portrait. The process is completed via an algorithm embedded in a custom created computer program designed by Sergio himself. This project is the first known attempt at this new art style known as algorithmic art.  

So without further adieu a few examples of the art form in question.

Algorithmic Art  Stardu13Algorithmic Art  Stardu14

Now i have a question to propose.
    Since the works of design in question are created by a program with virtually no artistic creativity and art is basically a creative human process with a final product known as the artwork, can these creations be called "works of art?" What do you think?
Back to top Go down
https://xmystery.forumotion.com
X-Mystery
Admin
X-Mystery

Algorithmic Art  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Algorithmic Art    Algorithmic Art  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 29, 2013 12:52 pm

For more info on the artist check out his website @http://www.sergioalbiac.com/index.html
Back to top Go down
bctf

bctf

Algorithmic Art  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Algorithmic Art    Algorithmic Art  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 8:32 pm

This is incredible! I think those pictures are fantastic. As for the question you posed I do consider those creations to be works of art. Although they are computer generated art can be defined as as the expression of imagination and/or creative skill. In my opinion, these works of art are just that. There is still a process that needs to be completed to create them. To me that process is still art.
Back to top Go down
X-Mystery
Admin
X-Mystery

Algorithmic Art  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Algorithmic Art    Algorithmic Art  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 8:29 am

Okay I can appreciate the artistic process very much and i agree these are beautiful images but what makes me weary is how the final stages are completed, it almost seems like its fake. But that might be my personal bias as i am a firm believer in the tradition mediums for art.
Back to top Go down
bctf

bctf

Algorithmic Art  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Algorithmic Art    Algorithmic Art  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 5:40 pm

I'm not exactly sure how this process works to be honest. I have to look more into it. Do you know of a good place to find out? Youtube video maybe?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Algorithmic Art  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Algorithmic Art    Algorithmic Art  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Algorithmic Art
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
X-Mystery :: Art&Intellect :: Alternative Art-
Jump to: